Saturday, January 7, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday (20)

Shelf Candy is a meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews and every Saturday, bloggers choose a book whose cover really catches their eye. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I always do, so I'm choosing books whose cover alone made me pick it up. So I hope you enjoy my shelf candy!


This cover shows SO much about this book and I absolutely love it. The girl looks so helpless sitting on the edge of the rock looking out to the ocean, like she's trapped (which based on the summary she actually is). The colors are so pretty, especially how the title matches her dress. The stormy gray sky and dull waves give off the sense of grief and sadness, really capturing the tragedy this book is supposed to be about. Ever since I saw this cover I really really wanted to read it and I got it for Christmas, so now I get to! I am so excited to dig into this one because the cover just draws me in. Any cover with that much power over me definitely deserves my attention. 


6 comments:

  1. Isn't this cover great? Stunning dress and hair and the girl sitting on the edge makes me want to pick it up and know more. I have this on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too! I bought this book, not looking at the jacket cover! I was so in love with the cover. I have yet to read it yet, but I'm excited! Thanks for sharing. I love shelf candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover too. I've read this book and really liked it. :)


    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! She looks so sad :( makes me want to read to figure out why!!
    Steph @ Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! This is definitely a BEAUTIFUL cover, and, as you have so rightly pointed out, it matches the book's plot perfectly. Great choice!!

    Hope you have a terrific weekend!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...