Monday, January 28, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Frustrating Characters Ever


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week! 

This Week's Topic: Most Frustrating Characters Ever

Okay, so for this one I could only come up with five. But these five are ones that REALLY stuck with me. I figured if I'm still bothered by these characters, even after all this time has passed after reading the books, they are definitely the most frustrating characters ever. I didn't want to force myself to pick another five because that would just mean that they bothered me, but didn't really annoy me. So these are the characters that made me want to shut the book and never have to deal with them ever again. 



 


Cassia (Matched
I really don't know what bothered me about her except for the fact that she seemed like a 5-year-old throughout the entire book. I actually couldn't finish this one because I was tired of her thinking and acting like a child. I know their whole society was supposed to be like that where they were totally clueless, but I was just annoyed with her. 
Anastasia (50 Shades of Grey)
Oh boy, where to start? STOP BITING YOUR LIP. Honestly, I got it after the first five hundred times you did it, so you don't have to do it another freaking five hundred times. And who the heck lets a guy get away with the stuff she lets Christian do? I'm sorry, but no matter how insecure you are with yourself or how hot you think a guy is, you really shouldn't put up with that kind of craziness. 
Jacqueline (Easy
I know a lot of people loved this book, but I'm sorry, is she an idiot? Yes, she had to deal with some pretty serious issues, but she almost got raped by the same guy like three times. TELL SOMEONE. And things just went too perfectly for her regarding her professor giving her another assignment when she fell of the face of the earth when her boyfriend broke up with her. I'm sorry, but that's not how reality works honey. 
Belly (We'll Always Have Summer
Belly didn't annoy me that much in the first two books, but boy did I want to smack her upside the head in the last Summer book. Jeremiah was PERFECT and then you had to go and completely ruin him. Seriously, he became this gross frat guy who was not at all like the Jeremiah in the first two books. Belly has to be stupid and not know which brother she likes, so she just flips back and forth between each brother FOREVER. I was getting some serious whiplash by the end of the series. 
Bella (Twilight
I really don't think I have to explain myself.  

20 comments:

  1. Hahaa, we have very similar lists. I think there are a few people who will likely appear on everyone's lists...

    Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy is currently making its way to the top of my TBR list. My friends loved that book. I'll have to let you know which side I come out on. I haven't read 50 Shades, but I'm sure both of the main characters from that series would make my top ten if I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have just copied your list!! LOL!!

    (I didn't include Bella, although I should have. I mean, I love Twilight. But? I hate Bella. HATE HATE HATE HATE. )

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. No explanation necessary for Bella. Great list! And thanks so much for stopping by!

    Deidra @ Simply Books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't know any of these characters, did I miss out on something? I mean I've heard only bad things about Fifty Shades...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that Belly was indeed very irritating! Still, I want to read the series. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that gif!

    "STOP BITING YOUR LIP." This is one of the things my friends and I yell whenever we talk about KStew. Bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also really hated Belly, but not for just the last book. No, I hated her though the whole series. I have the same reason as you, I really wanted to shake her and yell Make up your mind!!! I also thought she was self-centered.
    old follower.
    My TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too Funny!! I agree with your no need to explain Bella, lip-biting Anastasia, and tell someone when you get attacked! I only read the first two books about Belly so now I am glad I didn't read further!
    I participate in Tuesday Teaser if you would like to check it.
    Jess @ FueledbyFiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah,dang! I'd forgotten about Anastasia Steele. I can't decide whether she's AS worse than Bella or worse :D

    And yeah, I used to love Damon, but now I loathe him. No characters development, especially in the TV Show. 4 seasons of Damon killing people to "protect" Elena. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! totally agree about Ana! She is terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is hard to explain why Cassia is so annoying. I'm with you. I don't understand why people love these books so much. I liked the concept of a dystopian society that matches people up and all the problems that would come with that... but that's not really what the books are about. And I don't understand that if Cassia was happy with Xander... why she'd want mopey, loner, factory worker Ky. Ugh!

    And yeah. Bella needs no explanation.

    It's interesting. I was talking to another blogger about how we both had more girls than guys on our frustrating lists. And you do too! All girls!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Lauren @ Hughes Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey five is better than none! I really liked Easy, but I agree with you and I wish Jacqueline had said something to someone. Just don't think things will go away because it won't.

    I love that Bella is on most of everybody's list. I haven't read the books or seen the films so I didn't include her because I feel I can't really judge a character (well I guess I can).

    Thanks for stopping by Literary, etc! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely agree with all of your picks, and I only did five too. Glad to see Bella on your list LOL. Thanks for stop by my top 10!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know if I'll ever end up picking up Twilight since I think I'll find Bella pretty annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, Ana's lip bitting was really out of control. Plus she felt so bad about signing that contract. Just leave it and move on!

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though I liked Matched, I have to admit, the majority of the characters were way too clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVED 'Matched' but now you mention it, they were a bit clueless and annoying. I'd still read it again though haha. Bella basically made your list twice with Anastasia. Not that I've read '50 Shades of Grey' but we all know it's a Twilight fanfic haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...