Sunday, May 5, 2013

Book Review: Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones

Being Me
By Lisa Renee Jones
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Source: Publisher
Summary: The sexy second installment in the Inside Out erotic romance trilogy, following If I Were You—in the seductive tradition ofFifty Shades of Grey

Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?


Review: I really enjoyed If I Were You, the first book in this series, and the ending was such a cliffhanger! So you could say when an ARC of this one showed up in my mailbox, I was beyond excited to read it and figure out what would happen next with Sara and her world full of dangerous, yet oh so enticing men. 

Every since she read the dark secrets in Rebecca's journals, Sara has found herself living a life she's always wanted but was too afraid to go after. And after meeting Chris, the incredibly gorgeous and addicting artist, Sara couldn't imagine ever going back to her old life. But her new life contains secrets she isn't sure she's ready to uncover, secrets about Chris's dangerous past and secrets about where Rebecca really went after being missing for so long. Can she find Rebecca? Or will she be caught up in Rebecca's dangerous world where she doesn't quite know who she can really trust? 

Ever since that cliffhanger, I've been dying to figure out what happens next in Sara's story. And Being Me picks up right where the action left off. What I love so much about this story is how there's an actual plot line and it's not all about the relationship of the story. Sara isn't some helpless girl who lets any man walk all over her (*cough* Fifty Shades *cough*). No, she's someone who knows how to handle herself and will do almost anything to find out what she wants to know. I think that's what makes her so much fun to read about. Oh, and not to mention the man she's dating is completely dreamy! Yeah, he has a pretty messed up past that resurfaces in this book, but getting to know more about Chris is definitely something I loved about this book. 

Not only is Sara a great protagonist, but the other characters all have their perfect place in the story. Even the private investigators Chris hires to help out Sara have their own unique personalities that you grow to love. And did I mention I love Chris? Who wouldn't love a dreamy artist to come home to? He's so protective, but in a sweet and caring way, not a creepy way some books tend to be. 

So in the end this book ended up being just as fantastic as the first one. I'm sad yet excited for the next book because it's the last of the series, but it's going to be so good based off the ending of this one. Some mysteries were resolved, but more were uncovered, so there are still plenty of answers Sara is going to have to find. I can't wait for it!



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! I LOVED the first book and the cliffhanger was killer but I'm really excited to read more, especially about Chris :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know there was a novella! Haha, so no I don't think you have to read them. I was completely fine with this one! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...