Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (115)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Side Effects May Vary
By Julie Murphy 
Release Date: March 18, 2014
Summary: What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you? 

When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most? 

Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality.


-------------------------------------

Oh boy, this one is going to be a heartbreaker, I can feel it. A girl has Lukemia and she recruits her best friend who's in love with her to help her complete her bucket list? Gosh, can you tug at the heart strings any harder? But wait, she goes into remission! Imagine everything Alice is going to have to face now that she's finally done everything she's always been to scared to do. I really really can't wait for the chance to read this one!

8 comments:

  1. I also featured this in my WoW a couple of weeks ago. I really cannot wait to read this. I imagine it's going to be loads of fun and a little bit sad. Great pick!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one either! I want to see exactly what Alice does and see what she has to face when she goes into remission. It sounds like it'll be sad, but also a lot of fun!
    Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this book or the author, but it sounds REALLY good. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WOW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-snakeroot-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cover! Great pick -- I am interested in reading this book now, too!

    My WoW

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I've been sseeing this alot!
    Great pick

    My WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This books will definitely be pulling at my heartstrings I can tell

    Thanks for sharing <3

    Our WoW

    Doris @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good! I am adding this to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added this to my TBR a couple of weeks ago! It sounds amazing! I can't wait for it either!

    Great pick!
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...