Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 End of Year Book Survey



reading-stats-2015-1024x278

Number Of Books You Read: 100
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre You Read The Most From: New Adult


best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

Holy moly, how do I pick only one? I already filmed a top ten of 2015 video for my youtube channel and that was so hard! Picking one, I think I'd have to go with….

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? 


This was the first book I picked up over Winter Break because it was so hyped. I spent the next three days forcing myself to keep going. With all of the hype, I definitely thought I would love this book, but I was very disappointed. 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  


This was the first JR Ward book I had ever read and I was seriously blown away. This book is contemporary, which is very different from her paranormal series that she's so well known for, but I absolutely loved it! There was so much drama and the romance was to die for. 


 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

The only person I really push to read certain books is my sister. She's super picky, so if I read a book I know she'll really like, I tell her that she has to read it ASAP. This book was one of them because it was so so so good and she ended up really enjoying it, too! 

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

The best series that I read, by far, was the Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy. I read the first and second ones in a day each and could not get enough to the yummy hockey players! Sadly, I did not read a series ender this year…I kinda have a problem with finishing series! 

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

RS Grey is seriously the most amazing author ever. I read her book in one day and loved how many emotions she put into her book. She also made it funny and incorporated friendship along with the romance, which I really enjoyed. Not to mention this is about a Olympic soccer hopeful falling for her professional soccer playing coach! 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I think this book would fall under Urban Fantasy, which I very very rarely read. But I've heard nothing but fantastic things about Karen Marie Moning, so I decided to give this book and chance and really loved it! I'm hoping to work on the rest of the series in 2016! 

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Wow, this book was awesome. My dad is a very picky reader and can only read books that are fast paced and keep your attention, so I recommended this one to him and he really enjoyed it! Which means that it is definitely a book that is action-packed and unputdownable. I can't wait for the movie to come out! 

 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Does anyone have time to reread books anymore? Because with my TBR list, I sure don't. Haha, so I don't have an answer for this one! 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

I was sold on this book as soon as I saw the cover! 

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

Silas Moore. Enough said. 

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

Colleen has such a way with words and I fall in love with her writing more and more with each book. 

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

This book was just so raw and so real. It dealt with some very real and realistic issues about someone facing a challenging life who really had to consider if they wanted to keep on living or not. Very powerful. 

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

This book has been out since before I was born yet it took me until I was 21 years old to read it. What was I doing without Jamie Fraser in my life? 

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015? 

“If only we actually were in Harry Potter. I’d totally Crucio her ass. Yeah, that’s right, I’d use one of the Unforgivable Curses. Come at me, Ministry of Magic.”
-Scoring Wilder by RS Grey

This quote seriously made me lol. Yet another reason why I loved Scoring Wilder so much! 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?


 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

The ending of this book blew my mind and I still have not picked part 2. I'm waiting until part 3 so that I don't have the same book hangover I had after reading part 1….

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Garrett and Hannah! They are seriously perfect after they realized how much they liked each other!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Becca and Kinsley were serious BFFs and it was awesome. I loved how much they joked around and confided in each other. 

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

I have been a huge fan of Cora since her Losing It series, but I think I love her Rusk University series even more. This book was so addicting and I couldn't put it down! 

21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure

Sarah from Words with Sarah has been raving about this book for soooooo long. I finally got it for my birthday in August and read it in December and she was right, I LOVED it! 

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Garret Graham is mine. Got it? Good. 

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

As a huge Jane Austen fan, I loved Devon's character in this book. While it wasn't as Friday Night Lights as I thought it would be, I still loved the characters and the romance! 

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

The world in Darkfever is so cool and so complex that I felt like this first book's sole purpose was just to build the world and story up for the rest of the series. I still really enjoyed this first book and can't wait to see what else will happen in this unique world. 

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

This book had so many laugh out loud moments and I loved the banter between the two main characters. I'm pretty sure Annie even referenced High School Musicalyou can't get much better than that! 

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

I was a blubbering mess after reading this book! Seriously, a mess. 

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

I'm surprised that I haven't seen more love for this book because it was so emotional and just a great read overall. I loved the romance and the two characters came from very broken pasts. I loved it! 

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Do I really need to explain myself again? 

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

This book was so unique and I loved how quirky the characters were. And the ending! Wow, I can't wait for the second book!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

The characters of this book made me so annoyed! I did not agree with the reasons behind their decisions at all and they seemed to love to doubt each other and test each other's relationship. Ugh! 

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

I found Danielle's blog Love At First Page and fell in love with her design! She also has similar taste in books as me, so I've enjoyed checking in on her blog! 

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

I would have to say my review for The Deal by Elle Kennedy. I just had so much fun gushing about how much I loved Garrett Graham…

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

In October, I made a post listing my favorite Booktube channels and had fun sharing who I was loving on that platform. I don't know why the community seems so segregated to me…but I'd love to see more interaction between bloggers and booktubers! 

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I am so fortunate to have met Colleen Hoover for the second year in a row. This year, my sister cam with me and we had a blast meeting Colleen and hearing her talk about how far she has come in the past 4-5 years. My sister and I LOVE Colleen's books and Colleen answered one of my questions during the Q&A! It was amazing!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

I would have to say becoming part of the Booktube community. If you didn't know, I have a Youtube Channel where I talk about books and it has been so much fun! I can't wait to continue to be a part of the community next year! 

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Without a doubt, the most challenging part of 2015 has been trying to balance reading with having a full-time job. I got my first job as an English teacher this year and with the planning and grading, so much of my free time has been taken away. I keep on telling myself that all of the outside work is given back to me in the summer, but it's so hard to remember that in November when I live and breath school and only read 4 books in a month. I love what I do, it's just hard to adjust when I had so much time to read before!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

Surprisngly, my review and giveaway for Misconduct by Penelope Douglas had the most love! That makes me so happy because Penelope Douglas is an amazing author and I love all of her books! 

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I wish more people gave some love to my Bookish Christmas Gift Guide! I love talking about everything bookish and wanted to hear some more ideas and places of where to get bookish merchandise! 

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Discovering Funko Pops! These guys are the cutest things ever and I have officially become obsessed! 

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?


On the last day of 2015, I officially read 100 books! With how busy my life became in 2015, I am definitely proud of completing this challenge! 

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?

I have to read Sarah J Maas this year! 

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

I am dying for the third book in the Off-Campus series! Those hockey players are seriously delish. 

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

I have not read as much YA contemporary as I normally do lately, so I'm hoping to pick this one up in 2016 to get back in the swing because it looks fabulous! 

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

I don't know how many books will be in this series, but this book is Elissa's story and I can't wait to read it! 

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?

Read at least 100 books! As life gets more and more busy, I have realized how precious my reading time is. In college, I read over 170 books for two years straight. I'm just hoping to make it to 100 this year! Wish me luck! 

And that's 2015! Thank you so much for sticking with me this year and let's hope 2016 is even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...