Sunday, May 22, 2016

Summer Series Binge TBR


Summer is exactly five days away for me and I am so ready for the two and a half months of reading and cuddling with my puppy. My first year of teaching was definitely a learning experience, but I am so happy to come out of this year confident in my career choice. I am going to miss so many of my students and I can't wait to watch them grow and graduate in two years. I am already looking forward to my second year of teaching, but I have some pretty big plans for my first official summer off! One of those plans? Catching up on some series that have been sitting on my shelves for far too long. 


This series has literally blown up Youtube and I own both of them. My sister read A Court of Thorns and Roses and is in the middle of A Court of Mist and Fury and she is really enjoying the series. I have heard nothing but phenomenal things about Sarah J Maas' series, so I really need to read this fantasy retelling of Beauty and the Beast


As a huge JLA fan and new adult fan, I have no idea how I haven't read this series yet. I own all four of these books and they have been on my shelves for almost two years now (at least the first two have been). I NEEEEEEDDD to read these! It kills me every time I look at them because I know that I'm just going to love them!


I had the pleasure of meeting Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon at Books By the Banks in the fall and that's when I picked up these two books. They're a retelling of Brigadoon, which I had never heard of before, but I love retellings so I'm excited to see how these turn out. I've heard great things about this series on Youtube, so I can't wait to read them for myself! 

 

I only own While it Lasts (book #3 in the series), but I have wanted to read this series for so so so long. I met Abbi Glines two years ago and had only read one of her books then. I recently read The Vincent Boys and really like it, so I want to read more books by her before I go to her book signing in July. Hopefully this series turns out as good as it looks!


Since I already have to read A Court of Thorns and Roses, I might as well add Sarah's most well-known series to my summer list! I have heard nothing but phenomenal things about this series and it's about time I picked it up! I own all four and my sister has read them all and I am tired of her reading everything that I haven't! We'll see how much I enjoy this fantasy series!



And those are all of the series I am planning on binging this summer! Let me know what you think of these and if you have any other series to recommend! 

6 comments:

  1. Great post, I've been wanting to do a post like this for sometime now. When I do, I'll add a link to yours if that's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first year of teaching! I'm actually student teaching in the fall :)

    Doon looks interesting. Lately I've been wanting to get into some fantasy/sci-fi books, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blog comments. This is really nice summer series binge reading of the best style. Oswaal Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, you make me want to decide on a bunch of series to binge on this summer. I think one of mine will be Seanan McGuire's October Daye books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Color me totally jealous of your summer off! The thought of 2 and a months of reading time is positively dreamy. Love your choices, too! I am not a fantasy reader but I gave ACOTAR a chance last year and fell in love with it. I'm super excited to start ACOMAF. And can't wait to see what you think of both. JLA is a favorite. I loved Wait For You and have zero idea why I haven't continued the series. Cam is boyfriend perfection. <3 I wasn't a fan of Doon (felt very younger YA to me and too "sweet" for my taste) but I know a lot of people love the series. I haven't started the Sea Breeze series yet but I'm totally addicted to the Rosemary Beach series. Love it so much! And the Vincent Boys duology was good, too. Happy reading!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man...I wish you THE BEST of luck with ALL the Sarah J Maas! I can only hope you'll love her works as much as I do :D Awesome Summer selection here^^ I hope you get to read ALL of these!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...